Howdy. I’m a Stacy. Not THE Stacy mind you. If KSJJ could have hired her you would have an unhealthy addiction to the station from 10am-3pm weekdays. But, alas, here I am.
I hail from a state that has an “F” in its name. That character also denotes the letter grade I would assign said region. I believe that area of the country will implode in August of 2024 due to overtaxation and rampant regulation. But I digress, or undress, depending on the time of day.
Now lemme share some Stacy Quirks (™ 2019): I would devour tacos daily if my body would allow it. Hiking the nearly endless trails of Central Oregon recharges my soul. I’m sci-fi geeky and dorky nerdy. And I basically went into radio so I could play in my own silly little verbal sandbox.
I am also most fortunate, for the only reason I’m able to share my day with you is because I have survived three kidney transplants and a decade of painful Soul Crushing Dialysis (the dreaded SCD). The first two kidneys were from my beloved Mom and cherished sister. Then I waited nine years on the far-too-lengthy transplant list for Filbert the Kidney to arrive from a young gentleman who passed on far before his time. (You can sign up to be a life-saving organ donor HERE: https://www.organdonor.gov/register.html
What say we wrap up this introductory shindig by stealing James Lipton’s (“Inside the Actor’s Studio”) questionnaire that he would ask of his guests at the end of his show, which he actually stole from French talk show host Bernard Pivot:
- What is your favorite word? (noun, a state of commotion, excitement, or disturbance)
- What is your least favorite word? It’s a four-letter word that starts with a C & is vulgar on so many different levels.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Boundless imagination & excessive silliness.
- What turns you off? People who force their will upon others without regard for the harm they’re inflicting.
- What is your favorite curse word/phrase? Son of a beanbag. Saves me on the air & when I’m spending time with my niece & nephews. Plus, it’s gonzo fun to say. Trust me.
- What sound or noise do you love? Sitting alone where I live in MONO (Middle of Nowhere Oregon), closing my eyes & listening. That sound.
- What sound or noise do you hate? The horrible sound guys make at the gym when they’re lifting weights & they sound like they’re being tortured.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? If someone would hire me to travel around this sometimes underappreciated country and review every hiking trail in existence, I would HAVE to take it, without question.
- What profession would you not like to do? Any job where I have to trick people into spending too much on things they don’t need.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Hey, look…I was really exhausted at the end of a long millennium creating humans and all I had left were slightly used, less than stellar, leftover parts to create you with. I must say though, you adapted really well and made the best of it. Here, have a taco.
I cordially invite you to join me Monday through Saturday on Today’s Country, KSJJ 102.9 from 10am ‘til 3pm. I’m fully medicated for your enjoyment! (And the survival of Filbert the Kidney.) Shlorp.